CREATING STYLE WITH VINTAGE FINDS!

CREATING STYLE WITH VINTAGE FINDS!

Monday, December 20, 2010

LOOK FOR ART IN THE SIMPLE THINGS!

I have always been one who likes to take what I have and make it work.  I remember growing up on our farm in southwest Minnesota and digging around in our grove for items to use for decorating in my bedroom.  I once took 2 old tires and a board and made a desk out of them.  Not sure mom liked it too much, but she let me bring it in the house just the same.  Take what you have and flip it upside down -- who knows, you might find a whole new use for that treasure you have been holding on to!



Am loving the old books!  I've made book bundles for shelf sitters, wallpapered with book pages,  garland for my Christmas trees, necklaces from paper shreds, price tags, paper leaves for broken tree branches  Just can't get enough.  Who knows what lies ahead with the pages.  Time will tell.



Ordinary paint brushes become art!

1 comment: