CREATING STYLE WITH VINTAGE FINDS!

CREATING STYLE WITH VINTAGE FINDS!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Paper --- It seems to be my obsession!!

Here are a few of the items that I have put together using old books.  Hope you enjoy them!
Sets of three coverless books tied together for shelf sitters.
Necklaces made from dictionary pages and old glass lenses.  I also made the necklace (on the top right side of my blog page) using paper shreds and a typewriter key. 
3-D.  I used an exacto knife on this old book to cut around these people and stand them up. 
Start shredding the old pages.  Shreds work great in bowls for filler.  Love these vintage cash register numbers.  Use paper shreds in your Easter basket this April; use when mailing a package instead of styrofoam peanuts!  Recycle, recycle, recycle. 
I've made Christmas ornaments, garland, paper cones filled with candy canes.

Made this necklace for my mom - she loves to do crossword puzzles every morning!
These are all the covers from the Readers Digest condensed books.
Last year, Bachmans needed an end table for their Idea House.  My husband helped me put this together.  We used a wood base and a bunch of coverless Readers Digest condensed books.  Doesn't it look great?  Always trying to think outside the box!  Just add a piece of glass to the top -- one of a kind.
Top view of the end table.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG TO SEE WHAT I HAVE BEEN CREATING!
If you enjoyed it, please feel free to follow me!
Sara

2 comments:

  1. Paper paper your all about paper Sara, Great projects, the little stand up people made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete